Friday, January 25, 2013

Five for Friday and a Freebie!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday  I've been wanting to do this for a few weeks, but I've been so bad at taking pictures and have just been wiped!  Friday night comes and I'm ready for bed! :)  Please tell me I'm not alone!  Without further ado...





1.  Arrays!  We had so much fun finishing up our multiplication readiness and creating all different kinds of arrays.  Here my students are playing "Spin an Array" and they just loved it!  You can purchase my All About Arrays {Getting Ready for Multiplication Unit} here!  
Click here for some Array Freebies that are part of the unit!  I hope you enjoy them!


2.  Today was our 100th Day!  WOO HOO!  It was a blast and we did all sorts of fun activities!  I will post more about that this weekend, but I think they're favorite was singing our two 100 Days songs and making a picture with 100 stickers.  They didn't like the 100 exercises for much (100 jumping jacks, running in place for 100 seconds...) :) 



3.  Super Synonyms- This week we focused on synonyms.  The students used the fly swatters to swat the synonym for the word I gave!  They had a blast!



4.  Snow!! We finally got some measurable snow here!  Living in Chicago suburbs- it is absurd that we've had no snow this year!  We didn't get this much snow, only like an inch, but I thought this picture was pretty!

5.  Sometimes I just want to walk around with this sign taped to my forehead.  This week especially for some reason.

Go link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and Friday Freebie.  There are some great freebies to link up!  I hope you enjoy the array freebie!!  Have a great weekend!!!!




Freebie Fridays

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, right?! Makes me smile!! :) Snow can be so so pretty!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! So beautiful. Not the picture I imagine when I think of Chicago. Thanks for sharing :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the synonym activity and the fly swatter suggestion. I need to get myself some and then pray my students don't make my Promethean Board come off the wall. :) I just got married this summer and get the same questions about kids...my husband says I have to finish my master's degree first...I love the snowy picture! One more thing, I am awful at taking pictures too, but did you have to get permission from the families to put the kids pictures on your blog or is the general photo/video form from the school at beginning of the year good enough? I've been wondering about this...or if its okay to post their pictures as long as I don't show faces?
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha- we do talk about using them responsibly and we've never had a problem! :) They are obsessed! I have an eno board and its super strong so it's never an issue! We have another teacher that recently announced she was pregnant so that is all I keep hearing! It just gets frustrating after a while, right?! :) In regards to the pics, all my parents did sign the release form, but I also am not going to show any faces in pics. :)

      Delete
  4. Katie, that snowy picture is so beautiful! I would frame that and hang it in my house! :) I totally understand about the kids -- isn't it funny? People are obsessed!

    Happy snowy days to you! I'm jealous!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank you for feeling my pain! :) hahaha The snow is almost melted here...booo...today we're supposed to be getting ice...such a weird winter!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

      Delete