1. We have been rocking math rotations this week. We're still working out the kinks and it's not perfected by any means, but out first attempts this week were just awesome! For fact practice, we played Beat the Calculator. My kids just have so so much fun with this and are killing the calculator. (Which makes one proud teacher!) What an improvement from playing this game even just a few months ago! I made a little score sheet for them. They keep their score sheets now because they are so proud!
2. We're putting the final touches on our Story of Me (freebie from Amy Lemons). We made it into a bigger project than she intended I believe!;) Check out our books!
3. The end of the year testing has begun- ICK! Anyone else in the same boat? We started MAP testing, STAR math, and have AIMSWeb coming up. The testing is just getting so ridiculous! Does anyone else take STAR math? My kids were getting so many questions that were no where close to the 2nd grade curriculum! I have to check out their scores to see, but I was not pleased. They were getting so frustrated!!
4. The weather has finally been beautiful! We had extra recess on Friday as part of our ABC countdown, and it was perfect outside weather. I had a blast playing jumprope, tag, basketball, and doing cartwheels with my little kiddos! Thank you for showing up, spring!
5. My husband and I found a new Mexican restaurant that we really love! I got a Cosmo Rita with dinner (see number 3)! I've never had one before, but let me say- De-lish!
Have a great weekend! My 3 digit Add/Sub Fun should be up this weekend!! I'm super proud of it. I'll include a freebie as well! Be sure to check back tomorrow! :-)