1. St. Patrick's Day is coming. WHOA! So is Easter! Holy cow! Here is a little making word freebie for St. Patrick's Day. My students are obsessed with these making words activities and I hope yours can enjoy it as well!
2. As a behavior reward/science experiment, we made root beer floats! Oh.my.word. If I could capture the excitement on their faces- it seriously made my week! I did have one student say that his mom didn't allow him to have beer. HAHA! :) We had to go over that this was just pop. I'll go into my positive classroom behavior rewards in another post- but this was a great way to reward them and bring in matter (solids, liquids, and gas). They did have to fill out a paper and make observations and draw what the observed. Man, were they speedy so they could enjoy the deliciousness!
3. I went to a workshop after school on Thursday about using iPads and technology in the classroom. I don't have iPads for my classroom (just my own personal one I bring in) but I am all kinds of jealous of those that do! Oh, the possibilities! anyways, I learned some great ways to incorporate more technology in my classroom. I'll link up with Teacher Techy Tuesdays this week for a great long post with lots of ideas! Have you heard of the sock puppet app? It's so adorable. It's also free! Check back Tuesday for some awesome tech tips. It's always great to be inspired!
4. I was so disappointed that Nashville wasn't on tv this week. BUMMER! I have also been missing Parenthood. Now what am I going to do now that Downton Abbey Season 3 is over? HAHA...I have major life problems here you can see! :)
5. So excited to hang out with some great friends tonight. It's much needed, and well, my friends rock! :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!